Quit Jumping Off of Stuff

If I’ve said, “I’m NOT taking you to the emergency room” once, I’ve said it a million times. Kids, especially boys, are dare devils. They want to stand on stuff they are not supposed to. They want to jump off of counters. They want to run around a house of tile with socks on. They want to dive off of furniture to perform wrestling moves on unsuspecting teddy bears. This shit stresses me out and makes me want, no need wine. Yes, I’m concerned they will get genuinely hurt and of course, no one wants that. However, in addition to that, I’m thinking big picture here. I’m in my pjs, I’m about to relax, I want to chill in peace. I do NOT want to sit in a bright hospital, after driving there with you screaming at the top of your lungs for the doctor to probably need to do something to you that’s gonna require me to help them hold your ass down. Then all of this gets followed up with a bill that I now have to fit into my budget. If you would just sit.the.hell.down, we could all be happy. Ok, maybe not you because you’ve fancied yourself a WWE wrestler and I’ve crushed your dreams, but I promise you, this is better for all of us. 

I thought my son was the ultimate no limit soldier until my grandson came along. This dude (four years old at this writing) will literally climb his little self onto ANYTHING. Just yesterday my daughter called me and told me that while in the grocery store, she turned her back for one moment to check a price and when she turned around, this dude had climbed onto a free standing freezer and was, wait for it…dancing. Of course, as his mother, she was outraged because she knew that dreaded emergency room visit could be in her immediate future. I, on the other hand, was THOROUGHLY amused and got off the phone laughing.

There is another reason I avoid the hospital/dr’s office like the plague. In addition to the ridiculous co-pays and the fact that insurance will only cover something AFTER you’ve spent $1000s of dollars, I also hate to go because of my daughter…Evil Knievel's mother. You see, she is a hypochondriac and has been that way since she was little. You know how kids ask you for a bandaid for non-existent boos boos? Well, that just never stopped with her. She has called me and told me that her joints are loose. (Huh?) She has called to tell me that she is (randomly) losing the cartilage in her nose. (Girl, what?)  She has told me that she needs to have her teeth filed down because they are bumpy. (They are not.) Something is always wrong with this girl. Now that she’s grown (BUT still on my insurance since she’s in college), I get the summaries of her visits from the insurance company. I have stopped opening them.

Bottomline: Sit down somewhere and watch your show. Hurt or not, I’m not going ANYWHERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quit Ruining My Body

Welcome to the Dark World of Parenting

Quit Keeping Me Awake